Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Race- Part 9

     Ephesians 4:31- Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

     This is showing you step nine- don't be angry.

     You're probably saying to yourself, "why did she have to pick anger? Why can't she pick something else to do in her devotions?" Well, I know how you feel. That's why I picked anger.

     Anger is a hard thing to control. It's hard not to yell or get frustrated with people. When someone is being mean to you, it's hard not to get angry or get back at them.

     I will show you some things to help you to not get angry as easily.

     Why do people yell? Yes I know it's because the're angry, but yelling isn't going to make someone stop whatever it is the're doing that's making you angry. Sure it might stun them a little, but still, it's not going to make them stop. Even I yell. I try not to. Don't use the excuse that it's our nature though. Try to control the situation. Use a calm voice unstead of yelling. Ask whoever it is who is making you angry to stop.

     Why do people get frustrated? Again, it is because of anger, but still, there is no reason to get frustrated with people. When people are being anoying, and you ask them over and over agian to stop, it is easy to get frustrated. But again, it is no excuse. It's easy to get frustrated and mad in a lot of little things in fact.

     When you do the wrong things, does it make God angry? No! It doesn't. It just makes Him sad.

     We all can make others mad too. You may be thinking, "what?! Me? I could never make anyone angry." Well, the truth is, you can. Even I make others angry too. I don't do it on purpose. It's just some things I do can make others angry.

     I have been learning about David in my church services lately, and David is a great example of why we shouldn't be angry. King Saul was mad at David for no reason. He was so mad at him, he tried to kill David! All that time, David didn't get angry. David had the perfect reason to be angry though, but still he never got angry.

     God doesn't want us to be angry. He wants us to have peace. We can't do this without God. Pray, and ask God to help you control your anger.   

No comments:

Post a Comment