Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Race- Part 7

     Galatians 5:22- But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

     This is showing you step seven- faith.

     As you see, I have been doing the fruit of the spirit. I did love, joy, peace, and long suffering, but I wanted to skip over to faith.

     Faith is a good thing to have. God wants us to have faith. He wouldn't put it in the Bible if He didn't want us to have faith.

     We should have faith when we pray. One time in my devotions, I was learning about faith. I learned that when you pray about the things that you need and have faith, God will most likely answer your prayers. I was so excited to hear that! It seemed so cool to me that God would answer my prayers because I had faith in him.

     Matthew 17:20 says -

...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

     This verse is saying that if you have the faith of a tiny mustard seed, you can make a mountain move just by having faith! Now, this Bible verse is just giving you an example. Still, this is pretty amazing!

     God also wants you to have faith in Him. God doesn't lie so you should have faith in whatever He says.

     In the Bible, God told Noah that there was going to be a flood. Now at that time, there was no rain. God provided a mist upon the earth to keep everything alive. If God told me that there was going to be a flood when there hasn't been any rain, I would have thought He was crazy! But, Noah had faith. It took him about one hundred years to build the ark, but everyday Noah never gave up. He kept on building that ark.

     Noah is a perfect example of why we should have faith.

     We should have faith in God that he is able to take care of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment