Monday, October 18, 2010

The Race- Part 8

     Proverbs 12:22- Lying lips [are] abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly [are] his delight.

     This is showing you step eight- being truthful.

     The verse up top is saying that if you lie, it makes God sick, but if you tell the truth, it makes God really happy.

     God does NOT want you to lie. God hates lying. It says in the verse up top that lying is an abomanation to God. God hates lying so much that it makes him sick. Now that's pretty bad. He wants us to tell the truth.

     When I was little, I used to think that if you didn't say "I promise I'll do that", you didn't have to do whatever you said you were going to do. One day I was visiting the church I used to go to, and in sunday school, the teacher was talking about lying. She said that it doesn't matter if you say that you promise to do something or not, you have to stay true to your word. That totally changed my mind about lying.

     God wouldn't tell you not to lie if Jesus lied when he was on earth, that's why he didn't lie. Jesus never did anything wrong when he was on earth.

     We should obay God and be truthful. We don't want to make Him sick. We can't do this without God, so pray and ask God to help you start to be more truthful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment